Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Anniversary to my blog!

I know I'm late, but I just realized I've been working on this blog for over a year now!

A LOT has happened over the past year, but I have to say that I really wouldn't change anything I've gone through. 

Why? 

Because that's how life is. 

Life really is like the lanes of traffic. You may be in the right lane (literally) and people may pass you.  That's okay. You may be in the left lane attempting to pass someone and get side swiped. That would be a horrible thing to go through, but at the end of the day, you would still learn something from it. You might get a blowout from a pothole. But when you travel down that road again, you'd remember where that pothole was and you'd be sure to avoid it. 

Some days are like bumper to bumper traffic. It takes forever to get where you want to go, but all the while you're able to see and appreciate things you may not have been able to before. Sometimes there isn't traffic at all and you're able to get from point A to point B in no time.  That's not always practical...you have to expect traffic and you have to expect a few bumps in the road. 

At the end of the day, it's important to know that no matter what, you get to your destination.  It might take a little while longer than anticipated. Hell, you'll probably make a few wrong turns or perhaps take a detour. I know I have. But what makes it worth while is that I learn something new every day.

I'm grateful that I've taken some detours in my life. I'm grateful for some of the wrong turns I've taken, too. If I hadn't made mistakes, I might not have been able to be where I am right now--HAPPY. I can genuinely say I am happy with myself and the way things are going.

I'm happy that I am able to write my story. I am a work in progress and I know my writing isn't the best. I'm getting there. I really hope that at the end of the day, someone can learn something from me. Even if one person does...my goal is complete.

Alane



Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken"--The story of my life!
I know it's kind of hard to read. But if you're not familiar with this poem, LOOK IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment