Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day and other things

First of all, a belated Happy Mother's Day to all moms everywhere! We are here because of them and life certainly wouldn't be the same without them! I am ESPECIALLY thankful for my mom, who has been my rock, my guide, and most of all, my friend. 






An older picture of my mom and I

But this day isn't about just any mom who has a child. Please keep in your thoughts the women who have lost children, women who can't be with their children, and women who desperately want children and can't have them.

Happy Mother's Day to the men who step up and take on the role of mothers AND fathers.  Last, but not least,
Happy Mother's Day to all the Pet Moms! Because if you have a pet, you know they are just like your children!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.   I went to church with my brother, mom, and Abigail and then we had breakfast together.  Emmett was at the house getting things together because we were all gathering at his parents' house for a crawfish boil.  For those of you who don't like crawfish or who haven't had them before....YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!

It was a long day but well appreciated.  Now begins the 364 days of Father's Day.  :)

On to other things....my Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation ceremony are this weekend!  I really wasn't nervous or even excited until today.  I am getting (good) jitters and am anxious for the day to get here.  It is something I've always wanted to accomplish, but given the roads I've taken, I never thought I would get here.  This is just a milestone in my journey, however.  I know this is just an associate's degree but I am the first one in my family to officially graduate college.  This step gives me the courage to keep going and follow through with the second half of my educational journey.

One more thing I wanted to to do was link my Pinterest & Instagram accounts to my blog.  I don't know how well this will work, but I am an avid Pinner and Instagrammer and wish to share my pins and pictures.  :)


These are my Pinterest and my Instagram pages!

I know I haven't been as diligent about posting, but I'll try to be better at it.  I can't wait to share pictures from this coming weekend!


Alane


No comments:

Post a Comment