Friday, June 7, 2013

Procrastination...AT MY BEST!

First and foremost, I must profusely apologize for my lack of posts.  I convince myself that it'll get done when I get home from work and SOMETHING always comes up and it doesn't get done.  I graduated three weeks ago and what have I been doing since then?  Nothing constructive, I will assure you!  I'm disappointed in myself for not accomplishing anything since I've been out of school.  Here's my day in a nutshell: I drop off Abigail at camp, I go to work, pick her up from camp, come home, cook, clean, bathe, go to bed, and do it all again the next day.  I promised myself I was going to start working out on a regular basis because my ten year high school reunion is in October and I want to look good.  I was VERY DISAPPOINTED with how my graduation pictures came out... it made me realize how out of shape I really am.  Once I do start exercising, I WILL keep updates for sure!

While I'm talking about graduation...it was definitely an amazing experience.  I didn't think I would be nearly as nervous as I was, either.  The baccalaureate mass was at school the day before graduation.  It was awkward going to school wearing the cap and gown.  Wasn't easy to drive with it on, let me assure you!  I could turn my head JUST A LITTLE while driving and that made me nervous.  I felt like someone balancing books on my head wearing the cap.  The gown made me feel as though I was wearing a mu mu.  Everyone I talked to said the same thing as well, so it made me feel better.  The mass was wonderful and beautiful.  I was happy my mom, brother, and Abigail came too.  :)  I think they were more excited because there was was a reception with cake and punch; my family has an insatiable sweet tooth!

I wanted Abigail to take a picture with me, but as usual, she was being stubborn and refused to take a picture.  My brother, Kenny, was willing (as always) to pose with me.

 
 Then came graduation day.  I don't remember the last time I was so nervous and excited at the same time!  I woke up at 6:30 in the morning to start getting ready.  I know The Times Picayune (our local newspaper) publishes the list of graduates every year and I was anxious to see my name in the newspaper.  I guess you could say felt a sense of foreshadowing... I had been having dreams that I would be forgotten in the newspaper or at graduation.  I wrote them off as nervousness and didn't think anything of it, but when I looked in the newspaper, my name was not there.  MY HEART SANK.  I instantly started crying.  I felt as though my worst nightmare was coming true.  Maybe this had been all a dream...  Did I make up the fact that I was graduating?  I was just crushed.  I emailed my adviser and told her what  happened and she assured me that it would be taken care of, and not to worry.  But...how could I not?  I felt left out.  Unimportant.  So belittled.  I realized I had to pull myself together because this was NOT the day to be an emotional wreck.  It hurt, but I wasn't going to let anybody know it.

Here's the link with the corrections--it turns out, it wasn't just MY name that was left out!  Someone else's name was left out too!


Is it wrong of me to feel hostile towards them for the error?

Anyway, I left my house at quarter to 8 to get my hair done by my FANTASTIC & AWESOME hair stylist, Brittany.  She's even more awesome in my book because she came in ON A SUNDAY to do my hair.  In less than an hour, she made my straight-as-a-board hair into something that hadn't been accomplished before--CURLS!  Anytime I (or anyone else, for the matter) try to curl my hair, it falls flat within thirty minutes.  NOT THIS TIME!

Again, SHE IS AWESOME!  If you're ever in Belle Chasse, go see her at Salon Jolie!  :)

Before too long, it was time for me to leave to go to the Alario Center for graduation.  I was pretty sure I knew where the place was, but I had never been there before so I wasn't 100% sure.  I didn't think to look online for directions until AFTER I left.  Mom to the rescue!  She gave me excellent directions and I found the place with no problems.

Waiting for graduation was so nerve racking.  I didn't know many people that were graduating, so I kept to myself until it was time to line up.  I was actually SHAKING!  THIS WAS IT!  THE MOMENT I WORKED SO FAR FOR HAD FINALLY COME!  The graduation itself was the quickest one I'd ever been to--less than two hours!  After graduation came time for pictures, and I must confess, it felt weird having Ari, Netty (my sisters), and E taking pictures of me.  I'm not used to having anyone make a big fuss over me!
 Mom and I
 Kenny and I
 The piece de la resistance!
 My older sister Netty and I
 My absolute favorite picture of the day!  Us in our element!
 E, Abigail, and I.  And of course, she didn't want her picture taken!
 My younger sister Ari and I

But I talked her into smiling for this one!

The rest of the day was pretty laid back.  I had asked E to barbeque some chicken for me and I made some macaroni and cheese.  My family and E's family came by for dinner.  Ms. Julie (E's mom and my partner in crime) made some AWESOME bread pudding and Mom brought my favorite--CHOCOLATE ON CHOCOLATE CAKE!  I wish I would've taken some pictures but I was too busy stuffing my face to do so!

Since graduation, I really haven't been up to much.  Abigail's dance revue is in a couple weeks so we have been practicing, taking pictures, and all that good stuff.  This is her fifth year of dancing and I love how much she really enjoys it.  I hope it's something she'll keep up with.
This costume is for the jazz dance.  They are dancing to "Cover Girl", by Rupaul

And really...that's about it.  I'm sorry I haven't been diligent about updates or anything.  I get distracted easily and just sometimes...I forget.

One thing I want to add is that I've changed my name on Instagram (FOR GOOD, THIS TIME!).  Here's the link:  http://instagram.com/alane_of_traffic#

I like to end each post with a little something that applies to how I'm feeling at the moment.  This one is DEFINITELY appropriate!  :)

I'm not a LOTR fan, but I LOVE this quote!

Alane


No comments:

Post a Comment